Subject: RE: [Leica] Konica HEXAR RF Lenses reviewed in CI #220
From: Jem Kime <jem.kime@cwcom.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 21:59:16 -0000

Leica's closest working relationship at present is with Fuji, via the
digital cameras. In the latest Leica sales info on the Digilux zoom, there
are a few lines regarding that relationship:

"...it is common in the consumer market for digital cameras to enter into
strategic partnerships. Fuji is a leading manufacturer in this field,
possessing numerous key technologies, an excellent corporate image and a
strong reputation for high quality. These attributes constitute a perfect
match for Leica.
(snip)
Because of their similar product and corporate philosophies, Leica and Fuji
are a very good fit. By means of further development (...) we are taking
another step forward in this evolution that enables us to offer a premium
digital product..."

Which reads pretty much like they're cosy bed fellows and to my mind it
would seem hard to see other manufacturers invading that territory.

Jem