Subject: Re: LUG[Leica] Extreme Low Light Color --> Mr Puts
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@neteze.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 1999 07:49:35 -0800

sometime around 12/18/99 5:22 AM, Andre Jean Quintal at megamax@abacom.com
was heard  to write:

> I'll bet the rich photographers who own Leica-R 180 mm lenses
> will get us drooling, but I'd rather wish people would
> focus on, say, 20 mm to 90 mm focal lengths, as in "hand held"...
> at f/2 @ 1/30th...
> NOCTILUX ? Gee: f/1 @ 1/15 th ... 2.5 EV down !!!  (3?)

Andre,

Why not ask people who have done the kind of photography professionally? I'm
sure Erwin has an opinion on this topic too, but as he says, ask the people
with the speicalized experience on the given topic.

I can answer your question quite simply. For the best color prints in
available light under the coditions you are talking, the vote among
photojournalists is essentially unanimous. Fuji 800, at 800, 1600 and 3200.
There is no competition. Espeically Kodak.

- --

Eric Welch
Carlsbad, CA
http://www.neteze.com/ewelch

"You can't cajole someone into loving you by simply being nice to be
around." - Garrison Keillor - As heard on "A Prairie Home Companion"