Subject: Re: [Leica] New website -- seeking feedback
From: Greg Locke <locke@straylight.ca>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 1999 12:43:57 -03-30

At 10:21 AM 18/12/99 -0500, you wrote:

>Thanks to all for the feedback. It seems as though viewing isn't a problem
>with those viewing in IE browser, but is a problem with later versions of
>Netscape. I did the thing (naively) in Bill Gates FrontPage 98, .....

         BIG MISTAKE!  Front Page uses some proprietary  code and features
(web bots and such) that only work on a web server that is Front Page
"enabled".

If you must use Front Page (and you still can) and want EVERYONE to be able
to view it, stick to standard HTML which is universal and avoid using Front
Page specific features.

You can still do this with Front Page, the trick is to learn which features
will and won't work on a standard web server.

Don't feel too bad, many of us have been "caught" in the Front Page "trap".

cheers,

Greg Locke                         St. John's, Newfoundland
locke@straylight.ca              http://www.straylight.ca
Touched By Fire: doctors without borders in a third world crisis.
http://www.straylight.ca/touchedbyfire.htm
ISBN#0-7710-5305-3 McClelland & Stewart