Subject: Re: [Leica] tripod recommendations
From: Skip Williams <skipwilliams@pobox.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 1999 20:47:34 -0500

I picked up a Manfrotto carbon tripod at Bergen Co. Camera (NJ) last
week.  (No, I didn't buy it, I only physically picked it up.)  It was
impressively light though, with nice, wide gripping rings for loosening the
legs.  The price wasn't nice though: $550.00.

Skip

At 12/17/99 02:57 PM  +0300, you wrote:
>To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
>Subject: Re: [Leica] tripod recommendations
>
>Take a look at the Manfrotto carbon 440. It's a new release from
>Manfrotto. I never wanted a Gitzo, because I find them a little too clumsy
>(the leg rings). Manfrotto got it right for me and it can do some more
>than the Gitzo, too.

Skip Williams
Westfield, NJ
skipwilliams@pobox.com