Subject: Re: [Leica] boycott magnum!
From: Martin Howard <howard.390@osu.edu>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 15:48:22 -0500

Christer Almqvist wrote:

> 'Stupid thing' he called his Leica. He then banged it with his hand,
> and later he banged it against the steering wheel of his car.

I think he must have been talking about himself.  He was thinking "I'm
about to bang this fine piece of photographic equipment against the steering
wheel of my car, an act which will not repair whatever the problem is with
the camera, and likely not to do much good to either the steering wheel or
my driving skills".

Of course, this would be too much for a film crew, so he simply abbreviated
it: "stupid thing!"

BTW -- who was the, eh, 'photographer'?

M.

- --
Martin Howard                     |
Visiting Scholar, CSEL, OSU       |    What boots up must come down.
email: howard.390@osu.edu         |