Subject: [Leica] boycott magnum!
From: Christer Almqvist <christer@almqvist.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 21:17:45 +0100

I just watched an 'arte' tv documentary on Magnum, featuring interviews
with Griffith, Parr, Eve Arnold, Reed, Wylie, Towell, Rivoud, Glinn, Hurn,
Burri, Frank, Delahaye and of course there were quite a few Leicas to be
seen. One of the Leicas broke down and do you know what the photographer
(he only had one Leica with him fort eh assignment, so can he really be a
good photographer?) called it? 'Stupid thing' he called his Leica. He then
banged it with his hand, and later he banged it against the steering wheel
of his car. Mental and physical abuse of one of our dearest friends.  As
Magnum was named after the large champagne bottIe, I therefore now call
upon you to boycott  Magnum and only drink champagne out of regular or
methusalem bottles for the upcoming festivities.

And have a nice xmas

PS Banging did not get the Leica going again.