Subject: [Leica] Fascist State & Leicas
From: Mark Langer <mlanger@ccs.carleton.ca>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 99 10:16:47 EST

I recall Marc James Small seeming to imply on another newsgroup that all
countries without the right to bear arms were living under dictatorships,
which caused considerable amusement among list members living in Canada,
the UK, France, etc.  I never thought he'd top that, but he has.

Fascist society?  This from a man who seems to be saying let the poor
starve (or shoot them), and seems unable to conceive of any social change
since the time of the writing of the Constitution.  The Constitution is
not written in stone with an immutable meaning for all time.  It has
been interpreted, reinterpreted and amended constantly. Guess you don't need
any of those pesky amendments to the Constitution, since they weren't in
the original, nor need you obey any law that isn't in the Constitution.
Let's bring back those hallowed customs like slavery (one of those
sacred "states' rights" issues) and restricting the vote to white male
property-owners!  Or does Mr. Small only want the amendments and
interpretations that meet his personal approval?

Marc seems to be a nice and informative guy until this subject comes up,
and then some synapse misfires in his brain (and those of like-minded
colleagues) and off we go. Can we take this lunacy to another news group?
While I defend the right of LUG members to hold any opinions they want, it
doesn't follow that the rest of us need provide a forum for them.  I
suggest that those so inclined might find alt.revisionism or
alt.conspiracy more congenial outlets for these diatribes, where one can
find similarly-minded company among those who blame various groups like the
Illuminati, Franklin Roosevelt, the Rosicrucians and the Queen of England for
the world's troubles.  Those of use who seem unaware that we live in a
slave-state not unlike Nazi Germany would like to get back to Leicas.

Mark

P.S. - Judging by the reaction the last time Marc brought up this subject
on another group, I will delete all private responses to this unread.
Once burned is twice shy.

Marc James Small, while showing a little too much white around his
irises, rants:

> Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 18:35:55 -0500
> From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
> Subject: [Leica] Totally OT:  Buzz's Know-Nothing Tax Rant
>
> Allow me simply to state that, on this issue, I am totally in accord with
> Don Rorschach and not with you.  You have simply acceded to the Gummit's
> claims that they are the perfect solution to everything, and, to this I
> dissent, constantly and firmly.
>
> Oh, I'm stuck living in this fascist society:  my family have been
> flag-waving patriots since the Revolution and I am, too.  But I don't have
> to like the frightening course of growth the Federal Government has taken
> in my own lifetime.  I am a former bureaucrat and my father is a retired
> bureaucrat, so I have a bit of inside knowledge of the vile manner in which
> the Government treats its charge.
>
> Read the US Constitution and tell me where this authorizes, for instance,
> "air traffic controllers" or where it requires the US government to
> consider the adoption of firearms laws.  Tell me where, and under what
> provision, welfare is justified.  Tell me where the Constitution authorizes
> the Federal Government to worry itself with whether trucks are overweight
> or whether the environment is healthy or not.
>
> Many of these ARE governmental concerns but, under our system of limited
> Federal government, they are STATE matters and not Federal matters at all.
>
> This has been forgotten by virtually every one in today's US of A, but the
> States are to have control of almost all of the governmental functions.
> Read your copy of the Constitution and figure it out for yourself.
>
> Marc
>

> msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
> Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!

Mark Langer