Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: OT...Buzz's Tax Rant
From: "dwpost" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 12:20:02 -0500

Okay guys!
I came back to the list to find this!
Well- it is all relative;
In the past century, about 100 million people have been killed by their
governments or their agents- Hitlar, Pol Pot, Stalin, et al. because they
didn't have the means to protect themselves. So much for 'Gun Control'-
whose ownership should be controlled?
The same people who march for Pro-Choice often march against capital
punishment; why not think of capital punishment as a really late term
abortion?
The same people who say the second amendment is obsolete, are usually the
first to rely on the protections of the first amendment!
Does 'states rights' automatically translate into advocating slavery? No!
Even though slavery has been around for about 6000 years of recorded
history, and is still being perpetrated in the Sudan (Of course, it's okay
if it's brown brothers enslaving brown brothers-- not too much furor over
that!) it is still reprehensible to most, and even a strict interpretation
of the Constitution would see that it has no place here, States Rights
notwithstanding!
I am appalled that the first amendment is so defended, yet the others, the
tenth in particular, is violated constantly. I am appalled that as a
disabled veteran, I see American veterans, homeless and living in cardboard
boxes with untreated ailments, while a pathalogical lying, draft-dodging,
philandering sonofabitch with enough smirking charm to beguil the 20% or so
of the voters to put him in office, live in the White House and bombs
innocent East Europeans, Afghanis, and Sudanese aspirin plants to establish
his "legacy".
Well, I guess I'll take a leave for a while, and enjoy the blessings I have,
and am still allowed to keep, including my Leicas- Have a happy holiday, and
PLEASE- get back on topic...
Dan