Subject: Re: [Leica] sunny 16 bunk and full moon size and other Lunar-cy!
From: "dwpost" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 1999 09:37:24 -0500

George-
You're right- it is a guideline, but it has always worked for me. Maybe I am
lucky, and live at the right latitude, and in all cases, I bracket- a habit
that I don't even consider when suggesting exposures!
I also rate the EI of anyfilm I use at i/3 stop less than the package label-
I have always shot Tri-X at EI320- to make sure that details are not lost in
the toe of the curve.
The moon is an unusual situation, as well, in that it is a low contrast
subject, in a high contrast milieu- I usually under expose (EI 500)  the
moon, and overdevelop the film to make the details of it's surface have more
contrast.
Dan