Subject: [Leica] Government control
From: "Kotsinadelis, Peter (Peter)" <peterk@lucent.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 11:25:11 -0800

How about we petition the US Government to limit imports such as cameras?
Would we really want that?  No!  So why do we expect them to do so much else
for us?  Too much control limits freedom and consequently the incentive
required to spur on the economy.  While there are exceptions such as
Singapore, I would much prefer the US where I can chew gum as I please.

Peter K