Subject: Re: [Leica] SF Moon rise
From: Greg Locke <locke@straylight.ca>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 16:06:43 -03-30

- --=====================_270815282==_.ALT

At 10:26 AM 21/12/99 -0800, you wrote:
>I will be going to the Golden Gate ferry pier, right behind the Gabbiano's
>restaurant for the moonrise.  From this angle, you will see the moon above
>the Bay Bridge.  Tomorrow night, I will try going to Marin Headlands.
>
>I am armed with an M6HM (with Rapidwinder) and Elmarit 90mm, as well as,
>ahem, a Nikon F3/T with a 180mm lens.  I have my trusty Leica tabletop
>tripod in my chest pocket.

SIGH! The sun is starting to go down here now but I won't be doing any moon
shots tonight. Solid overcast and SNOW!!!!

I even arranged for access to the top of an office building overlooking the
city, harbour and North Atlantic ocean beyond.

Last night was perfectly clear and the moon made the ocean positively glow
as it rose out of the ocean with the city in the foreground.

....maybe tomorrow night?

Greg Locke                         St. John's, Newfoundland
locke@straylight.ca              http://www.straylight.ca
Touched By Fire: doctors without borders in a third world crisis.
http://www.straylight.ca/touchedbyfire.htm
ISBN#0-7710-5305-3 McClelland & Stewart
- --=====================_270815282==_.ALT

At 10:26 AM 21/12/99 -0800, you wrote:<br>
Gate ferry pier, right behind the Gabbiano's restaurant for the
moonrise.&nbsp; From this angle, you will see the moon above the Bay
Bridge.&nbsp; Tomorrow night, I will try going to Marin
Headlands.</font><br>
&nbsp;<br>
as well as, ahem, a Nikon F3/T with a 180mm lens.&nbsp; I have my trusty
Leica tabletop tripod in my chest pocket.</font><br>
&nbsp;</blockquote><br>
SIGH! The sun is starting to go down here now but I won't be doing any
moon shots tonight. Solid overcast and SNOW!!!!<br>
I even arranged for access to the top of an office building overlooking
the city, harbour and North Atlantic ocean beyond.<br>
Last night was perfectly clear and the moon made the ocean positively
glow as it rose out of the ocean with the city in the foreground.<br>
....maybe tomorrow night?<br>
Locke&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
St. John's, Newfoundland</div>
crisis.</div>
ISBN#0-7710-5305-3 McClelland &amp; Stewart