Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Moon beams
From: "Henning J. Wulff" <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 09:43:02 -0800

At 8:13 AM -0700 12/21/99, John Collier wrote:
>My bicycle advocacy group has a fold out awning that is practically a one
>person set up. You could also back the car partially under and keep fairly
>dry. Mind you it would slow things down significantly.
>
>Henning wrote
>> However, I had to tell the
>> client that I would not take the pictures in rain, as the cost of a new
>> camera an lens (medium format, with shift lens) would not fit easily into
>> his budget as an extra. 4 hours outside, with heavy drizzle, will not allow
>> me to keep the whole thing dry! Even if the camera did survive, I might
>> not. I didn't know how to add that latter item to my proposal in any
>> meaningful way.

This will be done from the parking lot at a constant distance from the main
facing walls of the shopping center. About 100 shots from a tripod. 4 hours
is what I have allowed for. Assistants with umbrellas, or mobile tents
aren't in it. Also, if there is our typical Vancouver drizzle/rain, it
seems to go sideways after a time, so keeping things dry under an umbrella
is still close to impossible. Combine that with condensation (we're talking
close to 100% relative humidity here) and most things wind up wet,
including the photographer! On the other hand, I hope it isn't sunny
either, as that kind of contrast isn't useful for record shots. Nice,
overcast, dry weather. I'm sending in my request as we speak :-).

   *            Henning J. Wulff
  /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
 /###\   mailto:henningw@archiphoto.com