Subject: [Leica] 15mm Heliar choice of finish
From: "Gary Klein" <gklein@excel.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 11:42:47 -0600

Next month I plan on plunking down the cash to get a new Heliar with a screw
to m adapter for my M.  Which finish style tyof the lenses you have seen
looks better done.  The silver chrome or the black.  I am not opposed to
silver chrome as I have been using a silver chrome 35mm summicron with my
M42 for many many years.  I am interested in the finish that would be the
most durable as I plan on hanging on the lens for a long time (as I do with
any piece of gear).  Is the black a black chrome like the finish on my M42
or is that an anodised finish.

I am sure some of you are lucky enough to go in person to buy the lens.  I
just want to make my mind up once and for all on this since I have to rely
on mail order and do not want to pay restocking fees.

gck