Subject: Re: [Leica] Totally OT: Buzz's Know-Nothing Tax Rant
From: "Bryan Caldwell" <bcaldwell@softcom.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 17:07:13 -0800

I think you need to re-read the amending process (Article V). The people do
not have a direct vote on amendments. With the exception of the
constitutional convention option (which is largely an unknown - but wouldn't
involve a direct vote either), amendments are proposed by Congress and
ratified by state legislatures.

Bryan