Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Incident light - Sekonic 508
From: Bernard <5521.g23@g23.relcom.ru>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 1999 10:23:11 +0300

Bernard Degaute wrote:

> 1) thinking about getting an incident meter and maybe a spot meter. I
> played with a Sekonic 508 at a camera
> store last weekend. It is digital, incident, and spot (1-5 deg.). Any
> comments on this meter from people using it or lusting after it :)
>
> Arthur,
>
>  I'm using one for almost 2 years. I like it. Very fast in comparison
> with my old CdS Goossens Sixtar. It's also a flashmeter. As you notice
> it is not really a small one and  I only find it's a big battery
> consumer. But a good choice for me, not to much expensive in its
> category.

I don't own one, but I do currently use one. I think it's a miraculous
machine, because of the spot, but it's too big to my liking. I'm
sticking with my digital Gossen with 5 degree spot attachment. If ever I
do decided I want a 1 deg spot then I'll add the 508 my kit, because it
sure doesn't cost much (relatively speaking).

Bernard