Subject: [Leica] Re: Sekonic L508
From: "Bernard Degaute" <bernard.degaute@club.innet.be>
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 1999 17:19:11 +0100

- ---------- Orinal message----------
<Date: Fri, 24 Dec 1999 06:19:58 -0800
<From: "Gib Robinson" <robinson@sfsu.edu>
<Subject: [Leica] Sekonic 508C
<
<Artnur Leyenberger wrote:
<
<1) thinking about getting an incident meter and maybe
a< spot meter. I played with a Sekonic 508 at a camera
<store last weekend. It is digital, incident, and spot
<(1-5 deg.). Any comments on this meter from people
<using it or lusting after it :)
<
<
<Arthur, I have a L508 which I am trading back to Sekonic (Mamiya) for the
<508C (cine version) because I have found that the incident and spot meter
<readings on the 508 are not in sync with each other. I can get the meter
<repaired, but the two meters can not be adjusted separately on the non 'C'
<version. You might want to include the cine version in your explorations.
<
< --Gib

Gib,

You are right. I just check my 508L in several situations and  I've found a
difference of maximum of 0.3 E.V. between incident and spot. I'm not sure
that is critical as well as your own experience with one meter is essential.

Bernard

bernard.degaute@village.uunet.be