Subject: Re: [Leica] re - Automatic flash vs. TTL
From: "Raimo Korhonen" <raimo.korhonen@pp2.inet.fi>
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 1999 18:04:41 +0100

Hi!
The TTL flash works quite accurately on Pentax LX - the only problem is the
low synch speed, which is the same that Leica M6 TTL has. TTL flash gives
more freedom in F-stop selection, limited by the synch speed. In this way
it is simpler than non-TTL automatic flash.
I´m not much tempted by the M6 TTL because I´m quite satisfied my 15 year
old non-TTL M6 and because I have bought a very second-hand Osram flash
(for about $15) which is small and light and gives for 100 ISO film an
aperture of 2.8 which balances nicely with existing light indoors. If I
need more power I use the Vivitar 283 at the same aperture. With TTL I
could use other apertures, too - but that´s not very important.
All the best!
Raimo
Photos at http://personal.inet.fi/private/raimo.korhonen