Subject: Re: [Leica] Reasonable M6J price
From: Andre Jean Quintal <megamax@abacom.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 1999 14:23:29 -0500

Eric,
I sold an M6J for $9,000 last month.  (Photovilla)

	--> Would someone care to tell us why on Earth
	these Leica M6J are so incredibly expensive ?
	I thought they were "just" M6 with M3 rangefinders ?
	Are these Leica M6J sort of "heavy duty" pro Leica 'M' ?
	Is it true there were less than 2000 made ?
	In photo shoot situations, what makes a M6J different,
	is it that much more dependable,
	and why are people willing to go wild and pay such
	extreme premium prices ? Or is it that they are
	"instant collectibles" for their very rarity and justify their
	asking price from expectations prices will go even higher ?

	Andre Jean Quintal