Subject: Re: LUG[Leica] Extreme Low Light Color --> Mr Puts
From: Andre Jean Quintal <megamax@abacom.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 1999 07:22:01 -0500

Eric Welch wrote:
. . .
For the best color prints in available light
under the conditions you are talking,
the vote among photojournalists is essentially unanimous.
 Fuji 800, at 800, 1600 and 3200.
There is no competition. Especially Kodak.

	--> In France, they swear by it.
	Question: Does the image quality degrade at higher E.I.s?

	Do you use a Kodak Gray card frame to calibrate a roll
	for your film processor when using E.I. 3200 ?
	If you step back a meter or so, at E. I. 3200, does the grain,
	acutance, (loss of) color fidelity remain acceptable
	or is it obscene, at 11" x 14" on glossy paper?

	At E.I. 1600 ? [ I don't intend to go below 1/30 th . ]

	I'm basically a Kodachrome 64 person,
	creative but very conservative in some ways,
	and have not liked my Fuji results at all in the past.
	To be true, I actually still grieve Kodachrome II
	and have not even tried Ektachrome E100vs ...
	No wonder I really prefer water to beer !     ;+)~

	There's nothing like experience, so Fuji CZ Super 800 Plus G,
	at E.I. 1600, here I come. ( Strange they don't have the knack to sell
	it in 120 format... if so good, with all those f/4 lenses ! )

	Andre Jean Quintal