Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Konica Hexar RF - initial impressions
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 1999 19:04:17 +0000

Tom

I will give the benefit of the doubt that English is your native language.

Please describe to us exactly how you would like the Konica hexar to be
"seen, touched, or --more importantly-- used" in a manner that will produce
data to your satisfaction.

Nevertheless, we all still look forward to the day in which you would have
"seen one, touched one, or --more importantly-- used one to make a
photograph" so that we can all learn from your evaluation of the Konica hexar.

Surely you do not intend to disappoint us, do you?

Dan K.

- -------------------------------

- ------------------------------

- --------------------------------

- -----------------------

>Mr Kachadurian,

>I do not agree with you that people did not really minded that the earlier
M6 >did not have TTL. If I recollect correctly, TTL was on the wish list of
many >M6 users. I believe that those who needed the TTL are now very happy
with that >feature. All said, there are also those who are still happy with
their >traditional M6s.  Is this feature now required?  Yes and no. It
depends on >one's needs.

>Concerning the hexar, you have missed my point. After seeing how Konica
has >gone so far in order to make a camera with so many useful features, I
am >somewhat disappointed that it is still using an auto-flash without TTL
>features. TTL flash is nothing new and has been in the market for many
years.  >I am curious whether it is that much more difficult to have
included TTL into >the making of the hexar flash system?

>My comments do not reflect my dislike nor fear of the hexar. You are
entitled >to your opinion if you thought so.  Thank you for your
recommendation for >those who worship at the alter of everything leica.
Perhaps it is time for >these people to take you more seriously.