Subject: [Leica] Re: Non-Leica but historically significant
From: "Mike Gil" <pasuno@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 12:35:41 PST

This sounds like a scam ... a few points.

1. According to Smith's biography he used a Minolta SRT during this period
and this was the only camera he photographed with and was photograph using a
Minolta.

2. I think the notarized letter is bogus and this persons relationship with
the Smith is non-existent.

3. The style of this ebay auction reads like other adds i've seen, it has
the same writing style as other ads that start I dont know much about
photography or photo equipment but... its amazing this same person has so
much equipment for sale... he probably has snuckered various buyers with non
existing cameras.

Buyer beware, check out the facts for yourself.

mg