Subject: [Leica] R8 ROM question
From: "Bill" <bnelsch@uswest.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 11:34:45 -0700

Hi all

I'm a long time lurker and a first time writer but I am faced with a
question that I have yet to see the answer to:  is there a need for the ROM
adapter on the 70-180 Vario-APO-Elmarit R?  Assuming the ROM provides focal
length information to the R8 for linking with the flash system and assuming
that the 70 -180 is either beyond the range of a flash or would not be
needed for flash purposes, is there any other reason for ROMing the lens?

Thanks,
Bill
and Happy Last New Year of the 2nd Millennium.