Subject: Re: [Leica] Rangefinder or SLR?
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@islandnet.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 13:35:44 -0800

John Black wrote:

>I can make an SLR out of my Leica SM or M cameras.  Can you make a
>rangefinder out of your SLR?>>>>

But John why would you want to?  I realize your response is to the
following by Bob:

> Hee, hee . . . that's pretty funny . . . So, Leitz still considers the
> Visoflex a practical approach and touts it today, do they?>>>>>

In reality, why wouldn't they continue to promote and make the visoflex,
after all there are a great number of SM&M cameras out there where the
owner could afford the visoflex, but not an R8 or other R with appropriate
and very expensive lenses..

Myself, I can't relate to the visoflex other than a somewhat cumbersome
attachment, I realize to those who use it regularly, it isn't. I suppose my
being bred on SLR as one camera - one lens and never having a need to make
use of a visoflex accounts for my feelings.

ted

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant