Subject: RE: [Leica] Rangefinder or SLR?
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 17:04:32 -0000

I understand what you're saying, Marc. It's just that I feel that for the
times I feel the need for an SLR - and, for me and my eyes, and for my
esthetic sense, that's pretty much any time I need more than a 75 mm, or 90
at the outside - I want a "real" SLR....Thus far I've managed with a Nikon F
backing up my M system. But I can see where I'd really benefit from having
an autofocus, powerwinder, SLR of some sort...I must admit though that
something like the new Mamyia 645AF, or the Contax or Pentax larger format
AF SLRs, might fit the bill and kill two needs with one camera...

But, yes, for at lest 80 percent of my photography, an M with a 35, 21, or
50 is not only all I need, but all I want....

B. D.

And, by the way, at one point in the distant pass I owned a Visoflex...and
it's a neat piece of equipment...mechanically intriguing if nothing else....