Subject: RE: [Leica] Rangefinder or SLR?
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 15:53:46 -0000

No, John, obviously one can't. However - and I say this as a confirmed M
shooter - an SLR can do anything an M can do - albeit larger and not as
quietly - but an M, even with a Visoflex - cannot do everything an SLR can
do. This doesn't mean that I wouldn't rather shoot with an M, but that's
because it suits my style of shooting, and I'm most comfortable with it. But
there are plenty of world-class photographers, in ever corner of the
art/business/craft, who use nothing but SLRs. There are not, however,
photographers in every photographic specialty who use nothing but Ms...

I wonder if the day will ever come when, even on this list, people will come
to admit that some cameras are terrific for some things, and some cameras
are terrific for others?