Subject: [Leica] Leica-Bresson
From: TM <leicar8@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 16:34:09 -0800

Hey, gang: A book recommendation! Just released is "The Mind's Eye;
Writings on Photography and Photographers" by Henri Cartier-Bresson.
Truly one of the most inspirational men during photography's long-term
history, this small book will delight you in many ways. It is the first
compilation of his writings. Gads, I'd pay buckaroonies to sit and chat
with him for several hours with my R8 or M6 in both hands.

I bought it at Barnes and Noble's web site for $14. Here is Barnes'
short write-up of the book, and following that is the specific ordering
page address:

Synopsis
                  One of the leading lights in photography of the
twentieth century, Henri Cartier-Bresson is also a shrewd observer and
critic. His writings on photography and
                   photographers, which have appeared sporadically over
the past forty-five years, are gathered here for the first time. Several
have never before appeared in
                   English.
                   The Mind's Eye features Cartier-Bresson's famous text
on "the decisive moment" as well as his observations on Moscow, Cuba,
and China during turbulent
                   times, which ring with the same immediacy and visual
intensity that he brings to his photography.
                   Now ninety years old, Cartier-Bresson remains as
direct and insightful as ever in his writings. His commentary on
photographer friends he has known—including
                   Robert Capa, André Kertész, Ernst Haas, and Sarah
Moon—reveal the impassioned and compassionate vision for which
Cartier-Bresson is beloved.
                   16 Black-and-White Images

http://shop.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?userid=4DUGYWMU8P&mscssid=D72HM0N9PWS12GFN0017QRP4PQ4509P1&srefer=&isbn=0893818755