Subject: [Leica] "Old" Tri-X
From: Mike Johnston <michaeljohnston@ameritech.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 12:32:02 +0000

<< I have an important shoot in the a.m., and have a 100 foot roll of
Tri-X
 that's about 18 months out-of-date...Dare I use it? >>

If you have an important shoot, I am surprised you even have to ask. The

answer is "NO"!<<<

Nonsense. It's not MILK. It'll probably be good for ten years still.

Although I agree with Gerry that you shouldn't use it for important work
without testing first. Wind off one roll's worth, shoot it quickly
standing by the front door, develop it, and see what you get. If you can
discern the slightest difference between what you get and fresh film,
I'll be mighty surprised. At the most, you might get a slightly higher
level of fb+f (film-base-plus-fog), but that won't affect how well the
negs will print.

- --Mike J. / _PHOTO Techniques_ magazine