Subject: Re: [Leica] Passport Un-Warranty (Not TRUE!)
From: "Tom Schofield" <tdschofield@email.msn.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 1999 10:31:09 -0800

You might want to talk further with your agent aobut the coverages, and
maybe asked to see the policy languages.  (Assuming your agent really even
knows!)  For instances, "theft" under a homeowner's policy may not cover
"mysterious disappearance."  They may not accept a "theft" claim if all you
can say is it was sitting there yesterday, and its not today, without some
evidence of theft such as evidence of forced entry, witness seeing it
carried off, etc.  Also, check to make sure you have replacement cost
coverage and not fair market value.  For collectibles, you may want a
"stated value" policy, if they have them for cameras -- for a collector's
car you can have a restored classic appraised and insured for that stated
amount, so that the company doesn't say a '55 Buick is worth $200 when a
claim is made.

Tom Schofield