Subject: Re: [Leica]See Zoom VS Summicron photos
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 23:57:19 -0800

Dan S wrote:
><Snip>
> I must say I am impressed with the Vario.  Other than the barrel distortion
> evident from 60-70mm, this lens performs equally with my fixed focal Leica
> gear.  It surpasses the contrast of the current 50 R!

It's so frustrating that the text was not readable on the sheet of paper in the window.
We would then have a real way of seeing the real difference in resolution
between these two shots!
Sorry Dan but I'm not sure what we know from seeing these two comparison shots.
I'm not sold more on zooms then I was before.
Some great shots of yours on the site though otherwise!
Mark Rabiner