Subject: Re: [Leica] Bad test big no-no
From: Bernard <5521.g23@g23.relcom.ru>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 1999 11:05:02 +0300

Dan S wrote:

> Tri-X is also remarkably resistent to emulsion scratches, dust and
> other pain in-the-butt accidents that can really ruin your day.

Perhaps that's just because TX rather course by itself; a little more or
less dirt won't be noticed.

> Shoot a roll of Tri-X, and a roll of T-max400.  I'll just bet you'll
> have more specs other oddities with the Tmax.

Maybe, but with Tmax400, at least you'll *know* what you've shot, in
fine details. I've shot TX on 6x9 and it was more grainy than Agfa APX25
on small format (35mm). I don't like grain, and I don't want any more of
that TX in my home. What I'm going to do with the eight 220 rolls of the
stuff I have in my fridge, I really don't know; using it is a waste of
time and possibly unique photo-opportunities.

Bernard