Subject: Re: [Leica] All hail Tri-X
From: Bernard <5521.g23@g23.relcom.ru>
Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2000 11:07:06 +0300

Ruralmopics@aol.com wrote:

> I feel like the lone ranger. Maybe I should do this like an AA meeting
> . . .
>
> My name is Bob and I use T-Max . . .

And I use Delta. Tri-X is a nice film to hide one's incompetence at
exposing the film correctly. And then it hides one's inability at
correctly processing the film. If one would be capable of work within
tighter tolerances, one could and should use some more modern emulsions.
TriX is a joke on medium format, and on 35mm....... well, when I'm in a
mucho-grainy mood, I might think it's fun. But it beats me how people
can go out to a "serious shoot", and load their cameras with TX. Perhaps
living without auto exposure forces the less adept among us to resort to
the easy way out with tolerant, yet inferior film: it takes a little
time to get the red dot to light up.....

Bernard.