Subject: Re: [Leica] First Y2K Bug
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@islandnet.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2000 08:05:11 -0800

John Collier wrote:

> [...]

Hi John,

Are you ready? It does!  How did I miss the blinking frame numbers in the
view finder? Damded if I know....

And before anyone says it...."No I didn't have any single malt before the
shoot!" :)

Just dam stupidity on my part, can I use senility? Might be easier for the
old guy. ;)

After the shoot, my grandson first time along as an "assistant for the
holidays" put the camera in the bag, then I remembered I hadn't taken the
roll out. I picked it up, went to set for auto rewind, the multiple switch
was over the rewind button indicating multiple exposures only!

I set it correctly, pressed to re-wind, the film re-wound instantly
indicating the leader and maybe one or two frames. So I gulped hard and
began to weep.

With the labs closed the film hasn't been souped yet, but I just accepted
disaster immediately, it's called, "Manic depressed Welshman" syndrome!:)
Inherited from my Welsh mother.  No offenxce to any Welshmen on the LUG.:)

Anyway lads be kind, as that was last millennium and this is the new one, I
swear I'll get all this Leica picture taking thing right after all it's a
New Year! :)
ted

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant