Subject: [Leica] Any LUGers in Muir Woods recently?
From: Jeff S <4season@boulder.net>
Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2000 06:01:51 -0700

Were any of our LUG members out in Muir Woods on the 30th, near noon?
For the first time, I spotted someone else carrying an M6 (Titanium?)
but didn't get a chance to stop and chat-no slight intended! I was
headed in the other direction, carrying my chrome M6 and Heliar lens.
Lovely area, though I found it a challenge to frame up an ultrawide
composition in a hurry and though the spotlights of sun in the dark
forest look appealingly theatrical, I guessimated a 5+ stop contrast
range (nice time to have a 4x5 and some TMY exposed at 100) so with the
handheld camera, I mostly photographed the forest canopy high overhead
with no worries about details in the sky or whether the trees would show
up as silhouettes--nice snapshot, I think.

- --

Jeff Segawa
Somewhere in Boulder, Colorado