Subject: Re: [Leica] Passport Coverage
From: Harrison Mcclary <hmcclary@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2000 22:32:27 -0600

Tom,

Many of the "demo's" are cameras returned defective that they replace
then "fix" and sell as "demo".  This is what my R8 was and it never
worked right, after many trips back to NJ Leica replaced the blasted thing.

In one phone conversation they said I was not the original owner of the
camera and I told tham that yes I was, I had bought a demo camera that
is when they told me that could mean it was a camera sent back as
defective that they fixed.