Subject: [Leica] Sometimes Blurry is Good
From: Buzz Hausner <Buzz@marianmanor.org>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2000 14:08:25 -0500

Mike,

	I generally agree with your comments about not using (I presume you
meant) black and white film with an ASA lower than 100.  However, I wish to
observe that sometimes motion blur, wide apertures, and even camera shake,
are qualities one might want to use in creating an image, especially an
image that displays motion and a sense of the movement of time, or to
isolate one element from its environment.

	Buzz Hausner

Mike Johnston aptly observed...

Furthermore, anyone who uses any film slower than ISO 100 for general
photography in this day and age is inviting more technical problems (in
terms of motion blur, camera shake, and wide apertures) than can
possibly be compensated for by the slower films' alleged properties.
T-Max 100 or 100 Delta in Xtol will probably LITERALLY out-resolve any
traditional 25-speed film, but with the 4X increase in speed factored in
it's _nolo contendre_ as to which will yield higher image quality in
most picture-taking situations.