Subject: Re: [Leica] Question on M6 Finish
From: Skip Williams <skipwilliams@pobox.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2000 20:06:13 -0500

I too went back and forth about that questions and settled in the
middle.  I bought a mint- Titanium M6 for less than a new M6.  It has the
non-black, classic M look with less of a glare.  The finish also reputedly
is the most durable finish ever put onto a production camera, so I'm hoping
that claim holds true.  Most of the people who see mine say, how old is
that camera.  And when I tell them it's new, they say, really!

The finish isn't available on TTL M6's, so you'd have to settle for a
non-TTL version, but I really like the camera.

Just my 2c worth.

Skip

> >I am about to purchase an M6, and would appreciate opinions on the
> >durability of the black vs. chrome finish on this camera. Aesthetically,
> >I am more attracted to the black finish, but am wondering if it holds up
> >as well as the chrome, when used with great care ( I am very particular
> >regarding the care and use of my equipment - it would not be handled
> >roughly). Thank you for your input.>>>>>>

Skip Williams
Westfield, NJ
skipwilliams@pobox.com