Subject: RE: [Leica] Off with their Pedestals!
From: Paul Chefurka <Paul_Chefurka@pmc-sierra.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2000 08:20:18 -0800

[snip]

>Jim should donate his camera to a high school photography to
>help out the
>upcoming talent in stead of wasting his Leica's in his hands.

<Boggle>
Well, I for one will disputandum your gustibus, Mike.

Jim was *there*, doing it, creating a whole new genre of photography.  His
shot of Hendrix defined the man.  His shots of Janis let us in on who the
person was behind the "Pearl" mask.  I don't know what your criteria are for
"bad/not-too-bad/ok/good/best", but Marshall ranks right up there for me.
Now there may be some clinkers in the book (the shot of Jim Morrison springs
to mind), but as a documenter of that era I think Marshall ranks right up
there at the head of the parade.

And to think that he did most of that while he was stoned, too!  I always
ended up wondering why the colours in the viewfinder were so bright, when I
was sure I had loaded Tri-X...

Paul Chefurka