Subject: Re: [Leica] FRENCH LUGERS
From: Mikiro <arbos@silva.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2000 21:26:26 +0100

At 8:29 pm +0100 4/1/00, V8PWR@aol.com wrote:
>I've been connected to the LUG for a while and I'd like more feedback from
>the M owners of France .
>Maybe French Lugers could give more details about where they buy M stuff and
>where they get it fixed. Practical advise is welcome.
>However , I find the LUG in general to be quite a tremendous source of
>information.
>Regards.
>Jo GOODTIMES

Hi, Jo.  I am not a French but live in Alsace.  I bought most of my M/R
stuff outside France, i.e., in Frankfurt, Tokyo, and eBay auction in the US.
This is simply because Leica is expensive (both new and used) in France and
because the market is so small where I live.  I have found only a couple of
reasonably priced used items at local camera shops.  As for repair, I have
never tried Leica France.  I have had my equipment serviced by Leica Germany
(via a shop in Frankfurt), Golden Touch in NY, and will in the near future
at Camera Repairs & Restoration - Luton in UK.

Cheers,

Mikiro
Strasbourg, Europe
http://arbos.silva.net