Subject: [Leica] What 6X9?
From: Bill Lawlor <wvl@marinternet.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2000 11:00:11 -0800

I have had a number of old folders including the Agfa Viking, Bessa,
and a Fuji 645 folder. All of them have presented bellows problems
and lensboard alignment errors. I finally got a "Texas Leica" Fuji
GSW690II. Three pounds of mechanical camera, superb 65mm view camera
lens (equal to a 28mm on a Leica), and a quirky but reliable shutter.
It has double stroke lever wind, a classic split image rangefinder,
and accepts 120 or 220 rollfilm. The camera is available in 90mm lens
model, and 6X7 version. All these pro models have a roll counter and
can be overhauled by Fuji. Ya' gotta see a 6X9 transparency or neg to
believe it.

Bill Lawlor
- --