Subject: [Leica] Are you ready? You wont beleive it!:)
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@islandnet.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2000 18:25:06 -0800

HI Gang,

You all read the story about my image multiple exposing the other evening,
because the R8 multiple image lever being set and I thought I blew my roll?

Are you ready? Not likely!!  No, I didn't do it again..... It hadn't
happened in the first place! Damn this must be confession week or
something. Read on:

When I pulled the first R8 out of the gear bag,  ( 1 of two in the bag) I
didn't look to see how many frames were exposed, as I recalled from the
previous evening 30 were shot. Went to auto rewind and the multiple
exposure leaver was in place, thought that was odd, flipped it out of the
way, pressed rewind and "zip!" like one or two frames into the cassette,
finished! Hmmmm?

I panicked! Assumption set in, error of errors at a time like this, I
assumed I had blown the shoot. "Brain not having it together" thought I had
shot 30 images on one frame due to multiple exposureleaver ebing in place.
Made confession to LUG indicating stupidity! :)

Lab proved otherwise, only two images, "birds?" rest of roll blank! Odd,
didn't shoot any birds last night. Made phone call to shoot location and
discovered special New Year's eve illumination still in place, make
arrangements to reshoot in the evening.

Sound simple so far?

Later and time to go, reach in bag to check cameras for reshoot loading....

SURPRISE!!!! This R8 has .....31 frames showing exposed!!!!!!!  Other R8 is
empty! What went to lab in the morning?  Are you starting to get the
picture?

I can't believe it, is it possible this roll could be the one from the
evening  I thought had multiple exposed? Naw, I couldn't be that lucky.
Could I?????

Just got the rolls back from the lab, the assumed multiple exposed and one
from last evening reshoot!

There they are staring right back at me off the light table! Damn I
couldn't believe it, was I surprised? You bet your sweet bippy I
was!!!!!!!!! :):):)

There really is a "very good guy up there looking after me!" Thank
goodness. Beautiful images, on 100SW shot with 280mm and 400mm, a few
70-180 zooming while exposing, just out of sight stuff!!   Ya, alright! :)
Damn I'm good! :):) Gee it feels great when something like this happens and
you're figuring it's time to curl up and die!

I'm not sure which of the two postings show my level of senility, the first
one for confessing or this one for not checking the two cameras in the
first place, when I panicked and thought I screwed up.

So there you have it folks other than for one thing...........

A reshoot never looks as good as the original, certainly when your first
look imagination juices are flying! The reshoot just didn't cut it compared
to the original shoot!  OK, but didn't have the magic of the first night's
light.

Lesson?  If in doubt don't panic check all cameras first before confessing
stupidity! :)

ted

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant