Subject: Re: [Leica] Legible dials etc.
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2000 20:30:49 +0000

>speed dial to replace the titanium.  Its about five times easier to
>read.<<<
>

>I knew a photog who would use chrome lenses on black M cameras because,
>with black lenses, the white engravings would get dirty and become hard
>to read. The black-on-chrome stayed legible.
>
>I know, getting a Leica lens dirty is a foreign concept to many...
>
>--Mike

That is why, whenever possible, I'd rather buy used leica lenses with good
glass. That way, I'll definitely use these lenses. Whenever everything is
too minty, there is a tendency to overprotect the condition of the
equipment by not putting them through their paces.

Dan K.
        The only certainty in life is the uncertainty of life....
                .............with about one exception.