Subject: [Leica] Black paint M6
From: Byron Rakitzis <leica@rakitzis.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2000 18:24:57 -0800

Thanks to the LUGger who said there is a black paint M6 at K&S available
for sale. I bought it today. Just kidding. It's still there, the asking
price is $2800.

That doesn't seem outrageous to me for a limited-edition model, given
what the Ein Stueck go for, etc. but it's not in my league.

I agree with the poster who said that the M6 black paint should be used
and used until the brass shows through the paint job.

If I were designing the camera I would make it an M6 classic instead
of an M6 TTL, and I would leave the Red Eye logo off the front as well.
Otherwise, I think it's a charming piece of equipment.

Byron.

PS What I did end up with in the store today was a bottle of Neutol.
It was a funny coincidence to see Mark posting about Neutol here today,
and I guess as a matter of fact we talked about Neutol in Portland not
that long ago. My concerns are more practical than aesthetic. If I can
mix from this little bottle 100ml at a time to make a liter of working
solution instead of having to dissolve that ghastly Dektol powder then
you can count me as a convert straightoff. I guess that's the amateur
ethic for you.

Without having studied the darkroom hazards, I imagine powders are much
worse for you than concentrates, provided you don't spill the concentrate
on yourself!