Subject: Re: [Leica] Pro or no
From: LawsonCL@aol.com
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 12:08:18 EST

howard.390@osu.edu writes:

<<  Because the second I have to start doing something because someone else
 wants me to, the enjoyment disappears >>

When it comes to photography, I agree. Years ago, when fiddling around with
cameras and printing b&w was a still hobby of wonder and discovery for me, I
made the mistake of shooting a local radio station's promo event with Wolfman
Jack. Everybody suck-up and nobody at the station had to have his picture
taken with the Wolfman, baby.

And I spent the next three nights printing pretty darn boring black and
white, head-on flash pictures. Think PR awards-ceremony pix. It did pay, but
it was not fun. However, the experience drove home the point that I did not
want to try to make a living shooting and printing pix.

That said, I have enjoyed my vocation as an ad writer for 30 years. Despite
dealing with drips, dolts, dickheads and the bane of all results-oriented
adfolk--the middle management female--it's still a kick for me.

I suppose, therefore, it all depends on where one's passion is focused
(near-Leica content).

Chris Lawson