Subject: [Leica] Re: RE: Tripod no myth
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2000 23:25:17 -0800

For me, it has nothing to do with the possible "extra" sharpness. Which in
reality, would only effect a very narrow type of work. It is the weight. I
use a 300 series Gitzo and they are heavy to haul long distances. The 300
series carbon, albeit expensive, certainly saves this old damaged disc back
and problematic feet. I simply had to have less weight. And on there is a
whopping difference. I also have a new magnesium alloy head. It is a
massive amount of camera stabilization at a pittance of actual mass.

Jim