Subject: Re: RE: RE: [Leica] Tripod myth
From: Ruralmopics@aol.com
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2000 10:21:21 EST

In a message dated 1/7/00 11:45:00 PM, jborden@mediaone.net writes:

<< Personally, I think a

Leica looks sort of silly on a tripod. Leica is meant to be handheld. If you

are going to slow down to use a tripod, why not use a 4x5?

Well I can only speak for myself but I work in 35mm. When the light goes down
or when I want extreme depth of field in a low light situation or when I'm
usind a long lens in dim conditions I find a tripod quite useful -- even with
my little 35mm equipment. I really can't justify switching to a larger format
just because I'm using a tripod. I use a (Marchioni) Tiltall and the Leitz
tabletop tripod and ballhead. They've served me well.

Bob (not ashamed to use a tripod) McEowen