Subject: Re: RE: [Leica] Tripod myth
From: Ruralmopics@aol.com
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2000 22:09:26 EST

In a message dated 1/7/00 8:45:45 PM, jborden@mediaone.net writes:

<< This can be studied quite scientifically in the following fashion:

Place the tripod on a road. Mount a laser on the tripod and point it at a

target one mile away. Spot through a scope and measure the oscillation of

the laser on the remote target.

Geez, that seems like a lot of effort. Why not just use a good tripod and see
if you have problems. I've been using Tiltall tripods for years. I have shot
many slow and long exposures with no problems. I have never seen a situation
where vibrations in the legs (sympathetic or otherwise) have caused unsharp
photos.

Bob (don't think about this stuff too much) McEowen