Subject: Re: [Leica] Boof the photographer
From: Martin Howard <mvhoward@mac.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2000 17:57:09 -0500

Mike Johnston wrote, in part:

> Incidentally, you'll be interested in a piece
> in our next issue about the ferocious popularity of snapshooting among
> "tweens" and how Kodak and Polaroid actively marketing to them. _Twist_
> magazine (a rag for 12-year-old girls) gets more Kodak advertising than
> _PHOTO Techniques_  does.

Makes sense.  I'm guessing that most readers of PT have reached the brand
loyalty level of consumerism, while most readers of Twist haven't.  At
least, not for photographic products.

As for Polaroid, their latest products with the stamp-sized instant
photoagraphy machines (I hesitate to call them cameras ;) is an interesting,
but smart, move.  I wonder when we'll see specialized scanners with very
limited resolution (perhaps 300x300 pixels) for instantly scanning those
instant pictures into your colourful iMac and placement on a webpage...?

M.

- --
Martin Howard                     | "Very funny Scotty.  Now beam down
Visiting Scholar CSEL, OSU        | my clothes."
email: mvhoward@mac.com           |