Subject: Re: [Leica] Oh, yeah?
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2000 15:00:02 -0800

Mike Johnston wrote:

><Snip> ost vibration comes from within the camera body, anyway.
>
> The damping characteristics of the material used for the legs isn't
> going to make any visible difference in pictures. If you think you can
> prove that it does, knock yourself out. I think it's ridicuolus--it's
> theoretical fastidiousness, like arguing about how many angels can dance
> on the head of a pin.
>
> --Mike

Sorry Mike but you are leaving yourself very wide open putting mainly tripod use
to question but also the material they are made of both of which the essence of
your long and admittedly angry post.
I believe the person you are so vehemently conflicting here was trained at Brooks.

Being the dogmatic iconoclast laying down the law like you do is going to
conflict with some of us photographers of some experience here.
And there are some common sense issues too.
I do take the opposite opinion to the extreme on tripod use:

1. Your most important asset is your GLASS
2. Your second most important asset is your TRIPOD.
	But you need something to ATTACH this quality GLASS to your quality TRIPOD.
3. That's were the CAMERA comes in! It's a handy L bracket.
	And keeps that film warm and dry!
a slight exaggeration????!!!! maybe!!!!???"?:):):)
Mark :-) Rabiner
I suggest that a tripod in no way SLOWS DOWN the act of photography. But SPEEDS
IT UP!!!! FREES YOU TO SHOOT!!!!!!