Subject: Re: [Leica] Oh, yeah?
From: Greg Locke <locke@straylight.ca>
Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2000 21:42:17 -03-30

>1. Your most important asset is your GLASS
>2. Your second most important asset is your TRIPOD.
>
>Mark :-) Rabiner
>I suggest that a tripod in no way SLOWS DOWN the act of photography. But
>SPEEDS
>IT UP!!!! FREES YOU TO SHOOT!!!!!!

Mark, I think you must qualify the application.

I hate tripods, seldom use them.... but I do own the toughest Manfrotto I
could find because when I do need one .... I REALLY need one. (Newfoundland
is a windy place)

Here is link to a new years eve shot. Tripod a must but not another single
shot on my website was a tripod used.  http://www.straylight.ca/newyears.htm

Lets face it, tripods are useless in helicopters, war zones, civil unrest,
oil rigs, decks of ship or sail boats, large crowds, moving vehicles and
any time you have to move your position more than a few times or have to
walk and shoot a lot.

Greg Locke                         St. John's, Newfoundland
locke@straylight.ca              http://www.straylight.ca/locke
Touched By Fire: doctors without borders in a third world crisis.
http://www.straylight.ca/touchedbyfire.htm
ISBN#0-7710-5305-3 McClelland & Stewart