Subject: [Leica] Evaluating drydown
From: "Gareth Jolly" <garethjolly@bigpond.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2000 13:58:22 +1100

A couple of things I have been taught.

First, I place the print on perspex and wipe it with a windscreen wiper
rubber to remove the excess water.

Secondly, the evaluation light is one stop less bright than the gallery
light where the print is to be hung.

Finally, when I have the print about right using the above techniques, I do
one or two 'dry down' prints with 5% to 10% less exposure.  This is strictly
a bit lazy.  I should really dry a test with a hair dryer then make the
necessary adjustments from there.

Cheers
Gareth Jolly